Who has access to Airbnb Messaging Feature in Instant extranet?
Property subscribing to STAAH Instant and with Airbnb Content connection enabled
Where is the messaging feature found?
Instant > Bookings Module
What does the feature look like?
- ‘Message’ icon is available at booking level for each property
- There will be a ‘Message’ icon for each Airbnb Content booking
- Host is required to create initial thread via Airbnb extranet
- Click on ‘Message’ icon to check messages
- Once there is a thread created, API allows host to post messages to threads using messaging feature availability in STAAH Instant
How does it work?
- Guest can contact host via their Airbnb account using the messaging feature
- It will trigger an email notification to host
- Host can reply via email, messaging feature in Airbnb extranet AND NOW, they can also reply using the messaging feature in STAAH Instant
Via messaging feature in STAAH Instant
- Host can check messages by clicking on ‘Messaging’ icon
- Initial thread must be created via Airbnb platform
- Host can reply using messaging feature. It will trigger an email to guest
- Guest can respond to host via email
- Host will receive reply via an email and also in ‘Messaging’
- History of all communication remains in the messaging feature
- ‘Messaging’ icon remains available even after post check out
Example of chat: