Property can now manage Airbnb promotions via STAAH Instant. The feature is called Season Adjustment in Instant extranet.
In Airbnb extranet, feature is found in Calendar module > rule-set
- Once property is API connected (With channel manager) Airbnb Smart Pricing is not available
- Instead property has to use ‘Season Adjustment’ to set season(s) and rules via Instant extranet
- There is no option to pull in ‘Seasons and Rules’ from Airbnb (if already set)
- Needs to be treated as new setup via Instant extranet
Where is this feature ‘Season Adjustment’ found in Instant extranet?
Login to Instant extranet > Channel Mapping > Airbnb Content > Season Adjustment Button
How to add ‘Season(s)?
To add > Click on
You will be diverted to Season Adjustment module > click
If property is part of a group linked to same Airbnb credentials, you will see ‘Linked Properties’ button. Click on button to see all properties linked to the same Airbnb credential.
‘Create Season’ form will pop-up > Create Season and set applicable rules
There are four seasonal rules available:
- Seasonal Adjustment
- Length of Stay Discount
- Last Minute Discount
- Early Bird Discount
- Season Name > Enter the Season (promotion) name
- Colour > This will be the colour code in Airbnb calendar to identify season (promotion)
- Select Listing > Select listing(s) to include in Season (promotion)
- All listings linked to the Airbnb credential will display
- If it is an individual property, all room/rate plans mapped to Airbnb will display
- If it is part of a group, all room/ rate plans for the group mapped to Airbnb will display
- By default, all listings are auto selected
- Enter applicable date range
- Possible to add multiple date range. Click on +
- Select applicable rule
- Apply rule discount/ surcharge
- Click on ‘Create’
- Success message returned and diverted back to ‘Season Adjustment’ details page
- Season Adjustment button is available in mapping module for all properties.
- For properties linked to the same Airbnb credential (group), it is the same logic, however when a season is added to any of a property within the group, the season will automatically add to the ‘Season Adjustment’ list for every property in the group.
- You can not edit rules once season (promotion) is created. You can only add or remove a listing (s).
- You can setup multiple rules (promotion) for the same date range within one season.
- The system will allow you to setup a new season (Promotion) and rule with dates over lapping with an existing Season with same rule. There is no validation. When Airbnb receives the new season, it will automatically override overlapping dates with the newest season rule.
- Season 1 = 01-30 April
- Season 2 = 15 April – 15 May
- From 01-14 April, Season 1 rules will continue to apply
- From 15 April – 15 May, Season 2 rules will override and apply
If dates searched meets multiple rules, all discounts will apply
- Early Bird 5%
- Min Stay 2 night 5%
- Dates qualifies for both, 5% discount will apply twice
- Delete button, deletes the season and auto remove rule from Airbnb extranet. Deleting will apply to all listings linked to that season.
In Airbnb extranet
You can view rule set via calendar module. Dates will be highlighted in the colour chosen
Rates displayed in calendar will include seasonal adjustment, early bird discount, last minute discount (if applicable)
On customer site, screen shot below. It will indicate the exact discount/ surcharge